Thursday, March 19, 2009

Nick Poole

http://developingoutreach.blogspot.com/


Addison Roberts
CRL 233 Developing Outreach and Discipleship Programs
Instructor Gerry Stoltzfoos
3/19/2009
Church Planting is a movement that is becoming a sort of fad in church circles. Everybody in the Church as a body that is “progressive” seems to want to either plant a church personally or set up a church planting factory. This is incredibly understandable. God is moving in church planting and he is using leaders like Nick Poole and others to lead the charge.

Nick helped me to rethink some of my ideas about church planting. One of the most memorable things that he talked about was the reasons not to plant a church. He told of how some people want to plant a church because they want to do church cooler. They want to redefine church so that it fits them perfectly. We should not do such things. Church plants are about the people they are reaching, not the leader. Although this seems obvious, I had to check myself and make sure that my desires to maybe plant a church are not rooted in a desire to please myself with my church. It is not about me. I love when these interviews leave me checking my motives and thoughts. Nick Poole helped me to do some introspection and I appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment