Thursday, March 26, 2009

Jason Lamer

ttp://developingoutreach.blogspot.com/


Addison Roberts
CRL 233 Developing Outreach and Discipleship Programs
Instructor Gerry Stoltzfoos
March 26th 2009
Jason's discussion on pride opened by saying that a struggle of leaders is thinking of yourself higher than you should. I struggle with this. I tend to care about myself and think of myself to highly. This leads to a level of pride that I don't like and I find that the concept of “pride leads to permission” manifest itself in my life sometimes. Jason at one point said that there has to be death to have real life. Life giving ministers need to die to themselves daily. Death to self is the opposite of pride. I want to be life giving, so I'd better start dying. Jason defends against pride by putting himself around people who don't give praise easily,maintaining a daily prayer life, and keeping accountability partners who are willing to ask the tough questions. I hope to implement these things into my own struggle with pride.

His discussion on how he balances family and ministry was very interesting. He involves them in his ministry in every way that he can. Also, he makes a point to always get his family devotions in in some way. He views his family as in ministry with him. I really like this perspective and hope that my wife and our kids can all be ministers together.

No comments:

Post a Comment