Thursday, March 12, 2009

Brian and Angie Bolt

http://developingoutreach.blogspot.com/


Addison Roberts
CRL 233 Developing Outreach and Discipleship Programs
Instructor Gerry Stoltzfoos
3/12/2009

Brian and Angie Bolt are doing an incredible ministry to the inner city of Pittsburgh. They are pulling people off the streets and putting them into homes where they are discipled. However, I knew about all of this before the interview. The thing I learned from Brian and Angie during the interview was ideas for how I should act when I am traveling and preaching at churches. He helped me to see that I should do my best to serve the pastors that bring me in.

Brian told of how he tries to serve pastors when he comes in. He ministers to the needs of the pastor who is paying him. This causes him to be a person that people want to book. It also helps out pastors that are in the trenches fighting every day. Great preachers are a dime a dozen but great servants seem to be few and far between. Maybe this is why Jesus said the workers are few. Those who are really ready to get their hands dirty and serve despite their “position” are rare. Traveling preachers need to be those rare people if they want to be someone who pastors want to book. God, help me to be that kind of person. I want to leave pastors energized and excited for ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment