Thursday, March 5, 2009

Mike Hammer (such a cool name)

Mike Hammer is doing a unique ministry. He is encouraging openness in a way I was pretty sure isn't possible and it's awesome. However, he is still growing and learning and he is open abut that.

http://developingoutreach.blogspot.com/


Addison Roberts
CRL 233 Developing Outreach and Discipleship Programs
Instructor Gerry Stoltzfoos
3/05/2009


The openness of this man was incredible. He has managed to create an open, accepting, okay to be yourself atmosphere. His church almost sounds like a group therapy session where people can bring the ugly stuff. I brought this up to him and he didn't seem to feel like it made him special but I disagree. He grows people on an individual, real level and that is something to be admired .

He also encouraged me in the allowance for ministries to be young. He hasn't figured out what his altar calls look like. He is still growing and still learning how to do his church. He has been there for two years and is doing great ministry. That is so encouraging! I often get discouraged as Daniel and I develop Simple Youth because I just see where we could be and all the reasons we are not there. But I need not be discouraged because we are still learning. We are only eight months old. I kind of let myself off the hook because of Mike Hammer. So thank you Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment