Thursday, February 19, 2009

Speaker Response:Wes Shortridge

http://developingoutreach.blogspot.com/


Addison Roberts
CRL 233 Developing Outreach and Discipleship Programs
Instructor Gerry Stoltzfoos
2/19/2009

Wes Shortridge really challenged my thinking and ot me thinking about some new ideas.

Primarily I found myself challenged by the idea of leadership building. I realized for the first time that high level leadership is often defined by how well you take yourself out of the limelight. Replacing myself scares me to be quite honest. I am afraid there will be no where to go when I have replaced myself effectively. This always makes me afraid because I often wonder how I will develop personally if I give my spot away. This is something I am really grappling with and I am so glad Wes brought it back to the front of my mind.

I have pondered heavily this idea of being saved into a community and I actually agree with the it. When we are saved, we become part of the Body of Christ. I don't think you can do one without the other. If the limb stays disconnected from the body, it will die. I think it is the same way with Christ's body. I am pretty sure I have thought this before but Wes really helped me to formulate the idea into words. I greatly appreciated Wes' fresh treatment of and ideas on ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment