Thursday, February 5, 2009

Jan Workman - Transforming Kids

http://developingoutreach.blogspot.com/


Addison Roberts
CRL 233 Developing Outreach and Discipleship Programs
Instructor Gerry Stoltzfoos
2/05/2009

Jan Workman is a Children's Pastor at Christian Life Assembly in Camp Hill, PA. After our recent interview with her. I found myself challenged deeply and inspired to better my own ministry.

The major concept that blew my mind with Jan was that she did not feel called to Children's Ministry. She responded to a need and turned out to be incredible. Wow! I will apply this when I see a need that I could fill that I don't feel matches up well with my calling. In doing so, I may find my true commission of service.

The ways in which Jan challenged me in my own ministry (youth) was in the ways of leadership recruitment and discipleship. I plan on beginning to pray for leaders and ask God to show me people who he has commissioned for Youth. She also encouraged a year by year plan for discipleship that I think would be very helpful if adequately applied to Youth Ministry.

Finally, Jan challenged me in the way I view the accessibility of funds. We serve a God of plenty and he will provide for the work of his hands if we trust him. I need to remember this as I build Bombshelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment