Thursday, February 12, 2009

http://developingoutreach.blogspot.com/


Addison Roberts
CRL 233 Developing Outreach and Discipleship Programs
Instructor Gerry Stoltzfoos
2/12/2009

Jonatan and Anna.

I am actually very upset that I was unable to attend this class. I am currently being taught by God that compassion is everything. I really have to learn to care about people and love/care/talk/listen without and agenda. The ministry of Jonatan and Anna helped me to see this even more. These two people deeply care for others and it has made a difference. All successful ministry must be genuine. It cannot have at his heart a self serving agenda. It cannot have at it's heart a desire for numbers to increase. It cannot have at it's heart a desire for fame. It must be servant hood.

Also, even though they do professional missions work, they really came off as everyday type people. I understand that they have worked hard at portraying this image and I realize that I must do the same. They really made me feel like I could do evangelism. So in that sense I found myself incredibly challenged. Jonatan and Anna clearly do not view themselves as lofty success stories but as everyday people doing the work of Jesus. If we all portrayed this same image, I think the way the world views the church would be radically changed for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment